What color lur would you use in this type of tournament?

caznik

Hello Members,

If you was in a tournament and all you could use is 4 stingray and 4 magnum Michigan Stinger spoons what color would you like to use the most of? Also what color fly would you use in this type of event. They also carry a sidekick or slasher flasher, what color and what type of flasher would you also you with this tourney.( Please only pick one color of each)(This is fishing for salmon, steelheads, cohos, and lake trout)

Help me out,

Caznik

Stingray Spoon-Coyote

Magnum Stinger-Yellow Tail

Flasher-Yellow Tail slasher

Fly-Mean Green

If you need to know the colors go to the Michigan Stinger web site and check them out.

It would really depend on the port and time of year Caz.

But generically I would use:

stingray: blue dolphin

magnum: NBK

slasher: something silver, I don't use these so I don't know their colors.

fly: same as slasher but can't go wrong with a white/green/glow pattern

Ok guys,

All I really wanted was your number one lure for the four things I asked. This would be like the Dreamweaver challange that I run. It would be at Muskegon and the 4th week of July. Weather you will not know because we will all not now till then. Just give me your favorite so I can figure out what lures should be used if I ran Stingers.

Caznik

OK Caz. Sorry.

I don't run Stinger attractors and flys so I don't know their colors.

I would run a silver glow attractor and the fly would be something like a pickled sunshine.

Hope this helps!

Ya Levi,

I don't run any of there atractors either thats why I made this thread to see if I can get help on some of there products. But I do run there spoons and they are very good lures to run.

Thanks Levi,

Rich

• 2 weeks later...

Best four Stinger colors last year were: Jawbreaker, Lemon Ice, NBK, Chips Shanster. I ran almost exclusively Stingrays last year, but the Lemon Ice in Mag is tough to beat on a lead core. Two others in honorable mention would be Stevie Wonder, and Mix Veggie. Nuclear veggie did well for me in the dirty water this year too.

• 3 weeks later...

Caz,

Easy question for me. Just don't tell...OK. The slasher would definately be the White Glow. As for the fly behind it, I don't actually run a stinger fly, but if I had to pick one of theirs that is close to what I run, it would be the Glow Mirage. That setup has been deadly for me over the last 3 or 4 years taking almost every big fish on my boat. Now don't tell noone ;). Just our little secret!

• 5 weeks later...

1. #5 lime green J-plug

2. Green Coho Joe

3. Yellow with orange dot #44 flutter spoon

4. Frog color rattle spoon

Yellow doger with a green/yellow buck tail fly, silver spinner in the front.

Just kidding, I used very few stingers last year, did have a few screamers on a jawbreaker.

• 1 month later...