frist of all thks to number guy for telling me about the ice on musk he was right so we fished snug harbor in morn not much happing bunch of little guys did manage half dozen nice perch had lunch and went heratage landing threw out some tip ups missed to flags kept seeing big fish come in on vexlar so started jigging a jiging rap after a few misses did manage one eye not bad for frist time trying. sun fished the grand in morn went 1 for 3 in a couple hours still the same bobbers and egg flies mostly winter fish still waiting on some freash fish soon i hpoe 6th stret is wadeable for people that are strong waders but please be carful spring is getting closer yeah

• 2 weeks later...

Last weekend, I had the enjoyable experience of fishing for blue gills with my son and had my first hands on experience of using a flasher to locate and catch fish, It was a hoot, 2 hours we sorted thru gills and crappie and kept enough for me to have a couple of fish fries. 21 nice winter gills, we did the run and gun approach, drill holes check it out with the flasher and move if no fish showed. It is a neat experience to watch the fish rise to a jig and see the spring bobber dip. I have not done much ice fishing over the last 20 years, as age has caught up I got tired of drilling holes and catching few fish. I may just have to buy a flasher and dig out some more of my old tackle. OBTW this was a hard fished lake in the Barry State Game area and we had lots of company.