78' tiara pursuit 2500

mark72

A surveyor told me he likes to use a hard plastic screwdriver handle to tap on stringers, motor mounts and the transform. It won't leave a mark but it's obvious when there is a problem.

Exactly what i was told, use the screwdriver handle to tap and you will notice difference in sound if there are bad spots

What sell me on this boat is that is a tiara, the seller claims that they handle rough water better than any other boat in its size,thats what i thought too,is that true?,are they better than bayliners,sea ray,slickcraft,grady whites,ect. I know its old but i dont want to have of $$ ivested in this sport so that old stuff is what im looking at. Currently fishing out of an 18ft starcraft holliday with an outboard. So not to picky on an upgrade. Just dont want to spend more than 6-7k

I have a 1983 25 foot Pursuit that I bought 3 years ago and so far have loved it. After about 30 e-mails with a pile of pics I drove from Holland to Green Bay to look at it and ended up bringing it home! Made it there and back in one day with a short sea trial.

The only thing I did not know much about when I bought it was outdrives. Mine has an OMC Stringer Outdrive (white), which is not known to be the best thing ever designed. I have had to replace a few items on the ouddrive and have one more to work on this year. They do not all have these outdrives and I don't think it would have changed my mind on this boat, but it is something to account for when you evaluate.

I am by no means an expert, but did look at a lot of them before I found mine and know a few guys around here with them. If you have any questions let me know.

What sell me on this boat is that is a tiara, the seller claims that they handle rough water better than any other boat in its size,thats what i thought too,is that true?,are they better than bayliners,sea ray,slickcraft,grady whites,ect. I know its old but i dont want to have of $$ ivested in this sport so that old stuff is what im looking at. Currently fishing out of an 18ft starcraft holliday with an outboard. So not to picky on an upgrade. Just dont want to spend more than 6-7k

I will be selling my 1979 Tiara 2500 Pursuit this spring. Price will be in your range. It is an awesome fishing boat.