Camping and fishing

I was looking to get over to the western end of lake erie this spring for some walleye and wondered if anyone could tell me where I could camp and have a boat docked near by. Would like to go for a week and just leave the 26' seaswirl in the water , Any ideas??

Thanks Rick

I was looking to get over to the western end of lake erie this spring for some walleye and wondered if anyone could tell me where I could camp and have a boat docked near by. Would like to go for a week and just leave the 26' seaswirl in the water , Any ideas??

Thanks Rick

Not much for the docking but certainly close to a launch. Sterling State Park actually has full hook ups too. Only two parks in the whole State I think with the full hookups.

Paul C.

water levels permitting brest bay is five minutes away from sterling. I get a seasonal slip there and camp at sterling.

http://www.brestbaymarina.com/

there is also this place i havent stayed there. they were booked when we were looking for a slip at the time and ended up at brest bay.

http://riverraisinmarina.com/?page_id=4

Check with Wild Wings marina. It is in Ohio a little west of Port Clinton and is in easy range of most of the reefs and western islands for spring fishing. They have a campground, launch and slips. Not sure how early they open the campground.

Nice restaurant there too that has early morning breakfasts and will put together a "cook your catch" dinner for a reasonable price.

If you want to fish the islands area, East Harbor State Park is nice. It has its own boat launch and fish cleaning station. Park is huge and offers about any kind of site. Launch maybe a little shallow for a 26' thought. There are two boat launches within 10 min though. One is on Catawba island and is called Catawba State park. The other is east and is called Mazurik boat launch.