used boat part 2

Thanks for everyone who helped with info and Ben who even went with to help me look at a boat. I picked up a Slickcraft 235 and though its old I always thought it would be cool to own one as I used to build them. Thanks to Rob also for dealing fair with me and trust he feels the same about me. He was very helpful.

So now the fun begins as its in need of almost everything. Advice appreciated.

I hope to add a kicker, graph (either hds 8 gen2, or a bird 998 or 958). Wish list also includes rod holders/trees, maybe an arch, and some sort of speed/temp at the ball. I also want to try for some kind of autopilot and the I Pilot works great on my 18' ( 80#) but wondered about using a 101# thrust on this bigger boat.

Also would like to redo the cushions and any advice on this would be greatly appreciated as I might try to start them soon. Might take a couple years:eek: to finish but need to get started.

Thanks again-can't wait for spring :)

Congrats Bob on the new boat,

If I was starting from scratch again it would be this order.

Graph - GPS unit

Rod holders & trees

Autopilot

Kicker - if needed.

Speed / Temp @ ball - I ran mine only once last season.

good luck on the rigging - if you need any help or advise just give me a shout.

Spring is just around the corner :)

Bob, I love my Canon rod holders, but they where very pricy. The first thing you should do while they are still on sale is; pick up some of these that are linked in this tread.

I bought some for my small boat, and they are nice.

These would slide into the current track, and would give you the option to run 2 divers, 1 high line, 1 diver- 2 high line, or 3 high lines.

yhst-130402778326443_2242_5722544

Redoing seats is very pricy. I had my Tiara (very much like yours) seats redone list year, and it cost me $970

Ken: I can't find a link in that post to the cannons, or are you saying just search ebay? I have found out how expensive cushions are so for now I'm just going to do a bit of repair, cleaning and maybe a bit of fabric to get by for now. I even considered just putting new plywood on one side and making it my tackle storage area

Thanks

does anyone know if the fish on rod holders have the tip up feature?

Ken: I can't find a link in that post to the cannons, or are you saying just search ebay? I have found out how expensive cushions are so for now I'm just going to do a bit of repair, cleaning and maybe a bit of fabric to get by for now. I even considered just putting new plywood on one side and making it my tackle storage area

Thanks

does anyone know if the fish on rod holders have the tip up feature?

Sorry, What I ment to say was; The Cannons are very nice, but they are also very pricey. (there is no link to cannons)

These Fish on ones are built much like the Big Jon holders. They do not have the tip up feature, but you will not find a better rod holder for the money.

The cannon holders will run you around $800 +-, where the Fishon holder are around $260.

It all depends on your budget.