flouracarbon

i started using it for frist time this year do to the extra clear water i usally run 6lb main and the same for a leader i started with vanish which i dont recomend breaks way to easy my question is whats the best brand and can you go a little heavier with it dont like going know heavir than 8lb it just not fun then i only use it for my leader thanks for any help

I had trouble with vanish also and went to vicious and have had great luck. I've used the various seaguar and that works well too but the vicious is much cheaper. You can easily pound up a little but for my spoons I found I didn't want to increase too much or it affected the motion of the bait.

Not sure how it compares in price to others but Blood Run is tough as nails. If you want a product that will just flat out perform and give you piece of mind I highly recommend it. If you are a believer in the benefits of fluorocarbon don't by a product just by price shopping. Choose a manufacturer with a proven track record. In three years of exclusively using Blood Run, I have yet to have a break off that was not human error or just simply unavoidable.

Not sure what type of fishing you are doing, but for trolling I don't use anything less than 20lb.

i recommend seaguar floro leader line for leaders. its alittle on the pricey side but i think it works. i use 20 lb test for my leaders up on erie with my lite bite slide divers. and i seem to get as many hits on it as i did with the 15 lb vanish. but i just didnt like the vanish and had way to many brake offs with the vanish. the only brakes with the seaguar was just when the drag got set to tight.

sherman

just go with seaguar, you will not regret it.

i did use 8 lb vanish for trolling our local lake. we were catching mostly white bass and a few small eyes and a few crappie, blue gills, and perch. it worked ok for that. but when i tried the 15 lb test on the central basin of erie it just plane sucked. i had more brakes than i had ever had with anything elce. i switched to seaguar 20 lb test and have been very happy.

sherman