Luckily, i was able to get my boat off the lift this morning and fired up for a morning of fishing. We spent the morning unsuccessfully dodging raindrops -- it was pretty wet out there! Nice flat water, though. :)

We ended up 3 for 4. The fish were in a pretty tight band from 135-140 FOW, at least where we were (directly off Holland). Lots of marks in that band, though. 50-degree water was down about 100 feet.

We took a 12-pound King early on a downrigger with a blue-nosed Flounder Pounder. Next up was a 12-pound Laker on the wire Dipsy 250 back with a blue-speckled J-plug. Last one in the boat was a fatboy, an 18-pound Laker caught on the 450 copper with a green ladderback flasher and green Poofster fly.

We joked about finding a way to rig up and drag a kitchen sink!

It was a great way to spend the morning with my dad. He'll be 87 next month and still loves to go out as often as he can. We've been hitting it together at least twice a week since mid-July. Precious times! :):):)

Thanks, guys. We had fun!

The boat gets pulled on the 15th, so I'm trying to pack in as much late-season fishing as I can. I hope the lake cooperates -- the next few days don't look good, though.

Here's a pic of my dad and his friend Don on the boat this summer. My dad's in the dark shirt and as I said, will be 87 next month. His friend Don is 89. They had a ball that day. A few minutes after the picture was taken, Dad reeled in a 17-pound King. :thumb:

2badc12f.jpg

Nice work, was hoping to get out tonight, but a sick son needed me more than i needed fish. Thanks for the info - hope to get out as soon!

Should have taken him out with you since fishing is good for what ails you.:lol:

Nice job Brad. The pic reminds me of the great time I had fishing with you and your father. Precious memories that we all can relate to.

Thanks, Ron. It's good to hear from you. It's pretty quiet around here today, except for the howling wind!