Hunting Liecence for 2007(Is it going to happen?)

caznik

Well Sunday night I was reading the Grand Rapids press and I happen to start reading a little deal on hunting liecence for next year. It was saying how the DNR are trying to raise the price up again for all types of hunting and fishing liecences. It was saying that all deer permites was going to go up from $15.00 to $30.00. Sr. citenzens was $6.00 to $24.00. Then non Michigan hunters was $128.00 to $168.00. (something like that) Well it said that all money would go for different programs to. Man it sure will be pretty exspensive for the guy that gets his deer processed if it will happen. $60.00 for deer process, $30.00 for deer permite, bullet or arrow.$6.00. It sure will be alot for just deer meat for the table.

It's just plain stupid. I was reading elsewhere that the increase will not create more money for the DNR, they will just get less from the general fund. Sounds like to me someone has their head stuck some where. If it goes through you can bet on a lot mor poching going on, people won't pay it. Some one with a couple kids and a wife that hunts and fishes would go broke.

• 9 months later...
I can see raising it a few dollars, but doubling it??????

I am thinking this may create alot of poaching. People are going to wait until they shoot a deer, then go purchase a license to tag it.

That is exactly what it will do!

Thanks Jenny.

The senior fee increase is what bugs me the most. Percentage wise the Seniors get the biggest hike. I just get close to being able to get a break, and the rug gets jerked out from under me. I guess I'll figure a way to get those $$$$ back.:mad: This State is going to kill tourism, as well as hunting and fishing.

The same thing happened to me with health care premiums. I paid more for health insurance while working so retirees could be supplemented to the tune of 75%. Mine is only supplemented 50%. Recent retirees 25%. We paid our share and then some, but when it comes time to draw from the well, we get a bucket with holes in it.:mad: