Ludington 8-15

EdB

Had the wife and kids onboard today and I had my hands full. Got out later than I like and the bite was on as I was setting the first rigger. I could only get 2 riggers down until it slowed down a bit at sunrise. We ended up 11 for 17 and quit at 8:15AM. The family had all the fish they wanted and sore arms. If I had a crew of guys and got all our rods down on time, it would have been a slaughterfest. We fished the bank north from the 02's to 05's in 80 to 120 ft of water, my wife likes to drive in and out on the bank instead of going down on a line, at least we stayed out of trouble.

The 2 riggers kept popping as soon as I would get them down. It was moonshine mag dancing anchovy on one down 60 ft and a MS nightcrawler on the other down 46 ft. Bent that spoon when it got wrapped in a rigger on the 3rd fish and changed to a razerburn and it kept firing. It took the kids a long time to crank each one in, they both got a couple nice kings and so did the wife.

Put out a couple divers after sunrise with a mt dew/glow blade and green mirage fly on a low mag diver out 110ft. Put a chrome/green dots and blue fairways fly on the other hi diver out 150ft. They both got bit. We had flat seas and a wonderful morning with the family, does not get any better than this.

Looks like we got some wind coming the next few days, hope we can get out, fishing at Ludington is hot now! Good luck!

8-15-12_710866.jpg

8-15-123.jpg

Edited by EdB
added pic