Muskegon 7/27 pm & 7/28 am (Dreamweaver Tourney)

Sorry for the late report, you'll see why later. Anyway, for my first trip out of Muskegon we headed out around 5:30 pm friday and were greeted by 2-4' waves with occassional bigger waves making it interesting. The waves were mostly out of the north so we motored out to 150' along the net that is just north of port and setup on a south/southeast troll. Ended up in 90' of water when we ran into the first set of nets to the south of the harbor and were 2/3 when we decided to pull lines and head back to the north and set up on another south troll in front of the harbor. Went 1/2 in there and then pulled lines and headed in. Saturday morning we set up in 85' at the north set of nets and put the boat on a 180 degree heading. We took a few fish right away on mag walker divers set on 1 100' and 125' back with the spinnie/fly combos. We missed on a fish on the blue spinnie/fly. When we got south of the harbor things got fun as we hit a pod of fish and landed a quad. The green spinnie/fly back 125' went, a fullcore with the mag white/glow/dot went, a rigger with the regular white/glow/dot went and the other rigger with the mag green spoon went. We had to make a hard turn west to avoid the south nets and we only had 2 rods in the water so we decided to pull them and motor back north, the waves were still a little sloppy. That didn't work out for us as we didn't take a hit on the next pass so we started working out deeper and picked away at a few more. Rigger down 65' went with the Sportsman's Special spoon, 300' copper took a steelie on the lemon ice and I think we had a few more I don't remember. Ended up 10/13 with 7 kings, 2 steelies and a nice fat coho. We fished from 90-135' and just bouced between the nets that are set up north and south of the harbor. Had a great time and caught a few fish, but more importantly $8,750 was raised for Benefit4Kids. We will be back next year. Thanks to everyone who organized this again, it's a very well run event. The reason my post is so late is that the wife called and said I had to be home sunday morning instead of fishing as I had planned so I was on daddy duty the last 2 days.

You had a nice box. I decided i an getting a smaller cooler so my two fish fills it up.

That was an awsome event way funner than i thought it was going to be. That commitee put on a great show and great sponsors.