swr and stackers?

Yes you could, but You will likely have to untangle it every time the slider line hits the knot when reeling it up.

As good as the fishing is now, a simple short lead and a free slider is all you need.

I have run free sliders on the SWR side and its a crapshoot.

I have a tiny swivel connecting the mono to the 2 colors of core and sometimes the fish wont slide down past that knot.

And yes its a longer ways to slide.

If you keep your rod really loaded up, and get on it quickly you have a very good chance.

You have no chance, if you dont even run it though.

I would run it and use willis knots from core to mono and I bet it would slide down over that just fine.

Whats a SWR?

Why not run standard rigger line with a inline weight like the walleye fishermen do.

After the in line weight put a fluorocarbon lead to the lure set up.

Amount of inline weight plus number of feet behind ball determines how far away from

the ball and how much deeper you run.

We had to go to this type of set up due to the clear water in lake huron several years ago.When we fist started to do this we used a 3-way swivel and drop sinker to get closer to bottom when trolling structure.Found it worked when the the fish were suspended in the top 50' or so as well. You can run sliders but really have to get to the pole quick for slider bites. Stackers can cause problems with tangles. Have been playing around with the smallest dippsy's set off to the side inplace of the inline weight when running stackers.

Not much experiance to report on this set up todate

SWR is usally a 1 color run on your rigger - I have never tried it, I just lower the ball and run longer leads. some say it has a different swim action? I don't know for sure, never hung out down by the ball to see if it really does or not.

A SWR is a short segment of leadcore, 1 to 3 colors for us, run on your downriggers. The idea is to get your lure below the turbulence of the cannon balls and trigger strikes from less aggressive fish. Most people run spoons or plugs on them but you can run anything. I like to run them after the morning bite slows bit they can be effective anytime of the day.

Whats a SWR?

Why not run standard rigger line with a inline weight like the walleye fishermen do.

I run two colors on my SWR. I like to believe that it makes up for the blowback and puts my lure at the depth indicated by my depth counter.

I also believe that it allows me put my line back further back from the boat and stabilize my presentation. Without the leadcore you would not get the right action on your presentation with that much mono out.

I run free sliders with spoons without any problems. I'm not brave enough to run sliders with SD/Fly combos or J-Plugs.

I use the willis knot and 80 lb test Lee snap swivels and it does not hang up.