The Bay is Giving it Up

Fishing is red hot, unreal hot! Saturday I had 4 buddys on the Eyefull II and we pulled a 5 ticket. Lots of really nice fish, several in the 3-5 pound range. Today, I had 5 coworkers aboard and we picked a 6 ticket (30 fish) by 1:00. Today we actually had a late 80's size box. One fish at 29" and several 4-6 pound fish to go along with her. I will post some photos of the wreckage when they all send them to me. Silver Streak Jr's and Minis in UV pinks, purples, and chartrues combinations were all good. The Bay is definetly back.

We fished the southern edge of the deep water basin on the East side of the channel. We were in about 22-25 fow about 2-3 miles straight east of the Sparkplug. We trolled NE/SW to follow that SE edge of deep water, right where it just starts to come up on the outer reef (callahan). Used Walker Mini Discs to get the spoons down, mostly 85-110 back. Lite Bite Slide Divers 45 and 55 back hit a couple nice fish also. Saturday in the big water, we only had a couple boats around us. Sunday we had lots of company, lots of nets going up:thumb:. Our best fishing was between 9:30 and 1:00 both days. We set up at 8:00 both mornings and had very slow action until the sun was up higher, then game on.