Well it was another busy weekend aboard the Ben'den Rods

Thursday night took part in the 3+1 league. Nothing too fast or crazy. Started halfway to PS in 95 FOW on a north troll. Worked our way out to 110. Along the way pulled in a nice 10lb laker for out trout weight. Also pulled in a small king and coho and another laker about the same size as the first. Made a turn in and south and started trolling south in 80 FOW. Pulled another laker while turning and a steelie just before we had to pull lines. Finally got a good hit on a diver as we were pulling lines that ended up being a nice 15lb king. By this time we were in 70 FOW. Did pretty good, placing 5th out of the 18 boats in the league.

What worked.

North, East, and South trolls.

2.6 SOG

Mag Silver Streak Lemon Ice on Rigger pounding bottom - 2 lakers, 1 king, 2 hits

Regular Silver Streak Green Dolphin fixed slider at 40 - 1 Coho

Big Lake Lures Green Kato on 250 #32 copper - 1 laker

Big Lake Lures Patriot on 270 #45 copper - 1 steelhead

11" white/fish scale paddle with poofster fly on wire 100 back - 1 nice king

Headed out Friday night with a full boat of my friends from high school. Ran straight out of the peirs and started on a south troll in 80 FOW because of the rain to the north. Started out quick with steelie hitting a rigger less than 10 seconds after I set it and got that one too the boat. From then on zigzaged between 75-110 FOW all the way to Saugy and back. Hit some rain and got a little wet but were paid back with some nice rainbows. Caught a some more fish with the fun of the night being a triple that all hit within seconds of each other. Ended at 8 for something with 4 kings, 3 steelhead, and an undersized laker being returned.

What worked:

11" paddle and poofter fly 120 back on wire diver

8" Chrome/Blue Spin Doctor with BW oily stool 180 back on wire diver

8" Mtn Dew paddle with UV yogurt fly 150 back on braid diver (3.5 setting)

8" UV Spin Doctor with Blue Dolphin Big Lake Lures teaser rig on 250 #45 copper

Big Lake Lures Blue Kato on rigger at 45

Big Lake Lures Mod Blue Veggie on 5 color

Dream weaver Green Icicle on 7 color

Dream weaver Blue Green Dolphin on 10 color

Moonshine Double Trouble on 300 copper.

Saturday morning headed out with Roger of NoMoBeggin and his sister in law. Ran north of Holland and set up in 75 FOW on a south troll. Rode that south troll all the way to Saugy between 75 and 110 FOW. Turned around to pick up a planner board that didn't have a name on it. Trolled all the way back to Holland making our way all the way out to 160 FOW. We never got a hit on the north troll. Ended 7 for 12 I think with 4 kings and 3 steel.

What worked:

South troll

2.8-3.0 SOG

11" white/fishscale paddle with poofster fly 120 back on wire - HOTTT took 5 fish all 4 kings and a steelhead

8" UV spiny with Blue Dolphin teaser rig on 250 #45 copper - 1 steelhead

Big Lake Lures Mod Blue veggie on 5 color - lost 1 steelhead

Dream Weaver Green Icicle on 7 color - 1 steelhead

Flinstone Glo Worm on rigger at 40 - lost 1 steelhead to a break off

Double Trouble 57 down on rigger - 1 release with no one home

Mag Silver Streak U of M frog on rigger 57 down - 2 releases with no one home.

I forgot my camera the first two trips, so hopefully I can get some pictures from my friends. Here's a picture from Saturday morning.

DSCN0057.jpg