I will be doing a seminar "Trolling Early for Lake Erie Walleye" on Wed Feb15

melsell

I will be doing a seminar " Trolling early for Lake Erie walleye" at the Oakland County Sportfishing Association meeting. This seminar will take place on Feb. 15 , 2012 , at 7:30 pm. Everyone is welcome to attend. I will be covering where to start looking, what to be using , and why you should not be jigging. The meeting takes place at the Oakland County Sportsmens Club , 4770 Waterford Rd , Clarkston , Mi ,48346 , Phone 248-623-0444 If you are in the area please come and check it out.

Just wanted to say thanks. My Dad came down to the meeting and said he learned a lot of valuable info from you on the early season. I am going to have my boat at brest bay marina the second week of may it looks like so your early seaon info will come in handy. I will be down for the whole last week of may. I will have a seat open during that week if you dont have a charter and can get out during the week. Thanks again. Question for you do you use reef runners much during that early period. I had heard of guys running them about 15 ft behind the boards in early and mid may?

Mostly by May I am pulling meat ( crawler harnesses). I am not saying that you can't catch them on Reefrunners ( because I have had great days in early May on 800's) The majority of the time by then I am using 1 oz inlines and spinners.

Usually i am not down there until the first week of june and i pull spoons 100% of the time anymore. This year we are putting the boat in early as it is only 150 bucks more than the one month rate for the whole seaon there. It is a economy dock with no electric or water but their is a couple places that they do allow you to plug in to for a short period of time to top off batteries. I have been working at tieing harness for this spring. I think i have about 25 tied right now.

• 2 weeks later...