Floro leader

sjk984

The biggest difference I have found is the leader material is more abrasion resistant, and not as flexible. I use the leader material for flies, and a slipping j-plug harness I tie. They are short and the tougher material helps them last longer. I use the flourocarbon line for for the ends of my leadcore and my copper lines. Personally I would have no problem using the leader material for the end of my long lines if it wasn't so expensive.

+1 for using the floro leader. it just seems to work better for me than the floro fishing line. but it could have just been the brand i was using. i was using vanish line for my leaders, and after having way to many brakes i switched to seaguar leader, and havent had a problem since. and i think it might just be in my mind, but it seemed like i got more hits. but with all the money i have invested i just dont think a few extra bucks for piece of mind is to much to pay. just another opinion.

sherman

+1 for using the floro leader. it just seems to work better for me than the floro fishing line. but it could have just been the brand i was using. i was using vanish line for my leaders, and after having way to many brakes i switched to seaguar leader, and havent had a problem since. and i think it might just be in my mind, but it seemed like i got more hits. but with all the money i have invested i just dont think a few extra bucks for piece of mind is to much to pay. just another opinion.

sherman

Vasnish is the worst line i have ever used for break offs. I wouldn't use it if it was given to me.

Last year i tried seagurs abrax linebecause of an article in salt water journal. It is like 30 bucks a spool and is a little stiffer than the other flourocarbon lines. It is also supposed to retain more strength when it does get a nick then other flourocarbarn lines according to the article. It is 100% flourocarbon according to talking to their tech dept and the closest they make to gamma. I really wish someone would buy gamma line and start producing it again. It was well worth the money. I dont know how true all of it is, but that is what i had read and was told by calling them. I liked it but this year i'm trying triple fish out for the cost. I only had one break off that was entirely my fault.