Three Cheese Stuffed Salmon

Eyefull

This recipe calls for 5 or 6 thick salmon or trout fillets. I used fillets from fish that were proven stupid by eating my wanting presentations, but smarter ones will work as well.

Use a sharp knife to cut a "pocket" into each fillet, almost to the point that it comes out the other side, basically making a fish fillet pita pocket. Fill each pocket with a mixture of cottage cheese, mozzerella cheese, and parmesan.

In a seperate pan, cook two large onions to the point of carmalization, use a cup of apple snaps to deglaze the pan. I place a soaked cedar plank in the bottom of the tin cooking pan. Pour the carmalized onions over the plank, covering the entire bottom of the cooking tin. Place the fillets on the cooking tin, skin or bottom down. Season with your favorite seasoning and sprinkle parmesan cheese over the top of each fillet.

I used indirect heat on one half of my grill set on high which read out appx. 450 degrees. Place the cooking tin with fish on the non direct side of the grill, close lid and don't peak for a half hour.

I made a side dish of rice pillafe and spooned the drippings from the tin over the rice. I would have posted this earlier, but fealt miserable cause I ate too much. There was a pleasant smoked apple taste incorporated into the entire dish.

suppeer.jpg

You've made me drool bigtime Tony, nice recipe indeed. For a change, a friend this past weekend made blackened salmon and steelhead, in a cast iron pan, same high temperature with carmalized onions too. What a fantastic treat that was too. Many thanks for a great change in cooking our fish. Salute.