My BIL Bruce asked if we would join him Sunday to fish the PSA tournament.

So, we grabbed the 32# Blood run rods, and joined him.

It is a big fish only tournament. He did not fish Saturday because of the fog. Sunday we left the dock around 6:30 and set up in 70 fow. All reports from Saturday where Slow, Slow, Slow.

We ran a spread of Rigger, 250' 32#, 200' 32#, 150' 32#, 1/2 core out each side of the boat. Our first fish was a spunky Steel on the 1/2 core with a Moonshine Mongolian beef

The riggers produced 1 at 57 down, SS Miami Dolphin mag

200 coppers got 2 with a Moonshine Black, and glow spoon.

250' coppers/ Silver streak Blueberry muffin, pulled 3 including our big fish of 15#

We also lost one on the 250' copper.

We trolled from strait out to the point and back. Best fishing was in the 120' range.

The fog refused to lift and let the sun in, so we had trouble getting our standard daytime spoons to go.

We ended the Tournament with a 3rd place finish in the Salmon, and a 5th in the Steelhead division (out of 67 boats). Considering we only fished 1 of the 3 days, we where happy.

The spread and fog.

1d2n9991.jpg

Brother Greg with the big fish

1d2n9994.jpg

Nice job ken...what was top 5 for salmon i had buddies fishing in it...last cast 2 and salmon fever

The best king was a 18 pounder, then 16, then three in the 15 range. The big fish didn't seam to be there. I did not look at the board Monday, as the wife wanted to get home.

It started pouring rain just after we weighed our fish, so we got out of there.

The water was only 43 deg on top.