Started seting lines around 6:30 in 45' of water. The reports all said the fish were deeper, but we could not resist taking a crack at all of the bait fish we were marking in the shallow water.

We kept heading West as I set the lines, but never had a bite until we hit 110' of water sometime around 8:15, then caught 5 fish in the next hour. Hard to re-set the lines with only me and the brother-in-law in the boat. We were down to only a full core and DR left in the water by the time we hit 130'.

Wound up 8 for 8 (5 kings, 2 lake trout and a steelhead). All 5 kings were in the 9-11 lb range. The two lake trout were 6-7 lbs and the steelhead was around 20” long (did not weigh it).

Took fish between 110' and 150' with the majority coming between 110' and 130'

1/2 core with orange killer spoon took two kings, a steelhead and a lake trout. SWR with glow bloody nose at 75’ took a king and later the same set up with a blue dolphin took a lake trout. Full core with a carmel dolphin spoon took two kings.

Pulled lines at 11:00 when the brother-in-law started chumming.

05-28-11.jpg

Edited by GLF
embedded image

Mattmissler beat me to it. Nice job on the fish, but next time you want to post something about Lake Michigan fishing reports and I stress Michigan please don't don't have a picture of a guy waring a buckeye hoodie, makes me want to throw up:eek:, just kidding:grin: nice job,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Mattmissler beat me to it. Nice job on the fish, but next time you want to post something about Lake Michigan fishing reports and I stress Michigan please don't don't have a picture of a guy waring a buckeye hoodie, makes me want to throw up:eek:, just kidding:grin: nice job,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

I will let my brother-in-law wear whatever he wants (except perhaps an Avalanche or a Sharks hockey jersey). He only comes up to fish with me once a year and we get on the fish every time he is on the boat.

I do so good every time he comes up to fish that he actually thinks I know what I'm doing.

Come to think of it, he is always wearing something that has Ohio Sate on it when he goes fishing with me - could it be that the fishing gods favor Ohio State? - Tell me it's not true!!!!! No way - it must just be a coincidence.