Sunday April 10th – Yankee's Shakedown Cruise

After a few small set backs our new Tourney/Charter boat was put in the water on Saturday. The weather was perfect, the lake was flat, and the scenery from Sodus to Rochester was kind of cool. I’m going to like these cruises up and down the lake I think!

Here goes the FIRST fishing report of 2011 with many more to come! We left the dock with a few Cold Steel team members, and our ladies about 6:30am. After watching just about every boat head East we decided to go West to get some virgin water. We started to think our decision wasn’t a good one because it took a little while to get our first hit. Right where Buck pond empties into the Lake we found some warmer water and sure enough there were some fish in it. We more or less tripled up in there, but just kept trolling West because we had a parade of boats behind us. I knew there were more ponds and bays dumping warm water into the Lake ahead of us, so we took a shot. Well, we waited for our next bite for quite some time, but just after passing Long pond the water started to warm up and when we got to Braddocks it was game on. Everything was going on the boards. Bright baits and natural baits were all taking their fair share of fish. Our Stinger Sea Sick Waddler took the big boy of the day on the corner rigger back 40’ down 4’.

We tried to hang in less than 10’ of water for most of the day. Our trolling speed was between 2.1 and 2.5 on the GPS, and water temps ranged from 39 degrees to 47 degrees.

2011-04-10_11-22-55_931.jpg

2011-04-10_08-03-06_395.jpg

2011-04-10_08-00-15_928.jpg

2011-04-10_13-15-16_407.jpg

2011-04-10_14-06-03_288.jpg

2011-04-10_07-59-15_88.jpg