does anybody use squids anymore

does anybody use dodgers and squids for salmon on lake michigan anymore with good succsess when i was a kid we used them on huron and did ok and my grandpas vision went and he gave me probably at least 50 0f them just wondering what i should run them behind i dont hear many people using them anymore.

I still use them and so do alot of other fishermen that I here when Im out on the lake. I would just run them like any other fly. behind your favorite flasher.

8" blue bubble protroll would be a good choice or Mt.dew spin doctor or green with reflective prisum tape jensen doger and I prefer longer leaders with squid.30+ inches. as I do best with squid in the dog days of summer.

A few years ago a friend opened a boat drawer and found about 50 new squids, and wondered what to do with them. I told him they were around well before all the new flies we use now, and that they really work too. He rigged about 6 of them right away and saw his catch drastically improve right away. Yes, they still work and the Michigan glow frog and glow clown were some of my favs..