Hello from Manistique

First post, new to the site. Been members of other sites the past few years, but never knew about this one. Looks pretty informative. The winter is already getting long, and I need some more reading material.

I do most of my fishing out of Manistique, but always try to make some trips around the UP each season. Other areas I fish include Munising, Big Bay Denoc, Isle Royale, Houghton, Menominee, and various inland lakes around town.

My season starts out river fishing for steelies in late Feb/March. Spring brown trolling in Manistique and Munising Bay cohos during April. If I am lucky, I get in a trip to Menominee to catch some monster walleyes. Once the walleye opener starts here, I will target the post spawners in the Manistique River and do some pike fishing on inland lakes. Usually make a trip to Isle Royale for a week the end of May. June is pretty slow here except for bass.

The king action usually starts the 2nd or 3rd week of June here. I am chasing those every chance I get until they get out of my reach. If the weather doesn't allow me to get out chasing kings, I head up river after walleye, or down river after pike, drum, and catfish. I used to river fish the kings when they come in, but now I switch gears to killing ducks.

If anybody has any questions about the area, feel free to ask.

I started uploading a few pics to my profile and was wondering if everyone is limited to 5, or is there a way to place more pics on there?

Where limited to 5 in our profile gallery. Use the site gallery located next to the Home on the top left of this page.

See where it says images 108 for me (under my name), that's where they will go.

• 5 weeks later...