Rod placement for multiple boards

Hotdog71

I was just watching a video that showed guys fishing multiple boards on both sides of the boat. When a fish hit, they were passing the rod under two other rods before reeling. It got me thinking.

I run my closest board in the rod holder that is closest to the stern of the boat and have an increase in the angle for each rod as it moves toward the bow of the boat. Am I doing this right or wrong or is this a personal preference thing? It seems like it's a little silly to pass rods under other ones while fighting a fish. The likelihood of losing equipment has to increase 10 fold.

How do you place your rods in that situation?

I was just watching a video that showed guys fishing multiple boards on both sides of the boat. When a fish hit, they were passing the rod under two other rods before reeling. It got me thinking.

I run my closest board in the rod holder that is closest to the stern of the boat and have an increase in the angle for each rod as it moves toward the bow of the boat. Am I doing this right or wrong or is this a personal preference thing? It seems like it's a little silly to pass rods under other ones while fighting a fish. The likelihood of losing equipment has to increase 10 fold.

How do you place your rods in that situation?

Your doing it right. Sounds kind of silly to do what they are doing and possibly increasing the chance of tangles.

If your rods run down the gunnel your farthers board from the boat rod will be placed in the furthested forward rod holder. If your fishing trees, it goes in the top holder. Then when you get a fish, up and over all the others and you fight the fish....Your doing it right.