SpinTech Rotating Treble Hooks

Anybody try the new rotating treble hooks by SpinTech? If so, what did you think of them? I fished with a friend that bought some, and the claim is that you will have greater hook sets since the hook will rotate, and give you a greater chance of hooking up. I haven't reached a verdict if I buy into it just yet since it's hard to determine if your improving your landing average unless you're having a big problem with knock-offs. The concept sounds feasible though. :grin: Check it out. www.spintechhooks.com

I like the concept of it, but is it going to fail on hard fighting fish like salmon? Also, $8.99 for 4 #1 size trebles aint gonna cut for me. I have hundreds of spoons and cranks. That would cost a fortune to replace them all. In the end, i have other things id rather spend that money on...standard hooks have sure caught a pile of fish over the years too.

That was my take on the whole thing. He swears by them, but I can't justify changing everything over to them not only because they're expensive, but knowing if they really work. I really haven't had a problem unless it was a shaker.

if its that bad that you are loosing fish because the fish is twisting the lure put a swivel in front of the lure, the whole lure will spin. If a fish gets air it will get slack line, a spinning hook will not stop the fish from jumping and getting slack line. It will however keep you from getting line twist. JMO