Hi everybody!

Greetings to all. I'm an avid Lake Michigan angler. Been one for quite a few years but this year was the first in many that I actually didn't get to fish the big lake. BUT, hope to make up for lost time next year because I bought a new to me 1995 Crestliner Eagle 2160. Needs some work, but I've got a few months before spring fishing begins. Tore the deck out last week and trying to decide what to replace it with, would like to go non wood so I don't have to do it again, but not sure yet.

Hope to get a kicker installed, too, but I also got laid off this week so kinda put that in question, too. We'll see. Still have all the electronics & riggers from my last boat to install yet, though.

Was down in the basement today playing around with some spray cans and putting some pink bellies on a couple, three plugs for spring. Anxious to see how they'll do. Who knows.

Well anyhow, they say absence make the heart grow fonder, and it must be true because I can't wait 'till spring and hit the big lake again!!!!!

Hoping maybe all here can help me get back in the loop.

Thanks KJ, will do.

Nailer, forgot to finish my profile, but South Haven is the closest to me so gets most of my attention. Usually start out in St. Joe, though. Then venture north later in the summer. Holland and Port Sheldon are favorites. Used to have friends in Ludington so that was another destination. We'd branch out from there to Manistee, Arcadia and Frankfort on occasion, but it's been a few years on those. :(

Good idea on the pics. I'll work on that!

Thanks Mike and Mike.

Yes, definitely hope to hit St. Joe this spring. Hopefully will be able to balance work and weather next year. Been tossing around taking a weeks vacation in April. Maybe a Brown or King or two, also? If I'm going to dream I might as well dream big!

Welcome aboard Ron! Good luck on the boat. If you want your deck to last longer you could seal the wood with either epoxy or with oil based paint. If you are really ambitious you could even lay fiberglass down on the deck, although vinyl flooring would be easier. I have never heard wbout people using composite decking for floors, that is the only other material I can think of. A good tip to help make the floor last is to use a high quality plywood. You don't necessarily have to use marine grade but try to get voidless material. It will last a lot longer. Good luck!

Thanks for the tips Nick. I'm sure I'll be putting them to good use soon. Tearing the old deck out was a bit of a pain. And I definitely don't want to have to do it again for a long time.

But the plus side is I get to do the lay out to my own preferences. After I tore out the HUGE live well and bait tank I realized I wanted to leave them out in the rebuild. Rod storage on the sides, lure storage under the seats. Fold down seats & table on the transom. Fish on ice in the cooler (dreaming again).