Frankfort Info and Help

OK guys, I'm heading up to Frankfort tuesday morning and I'm looking for any help or advice you can give me. I plan on going out tuesday night and at least saving the launch and pierheads in my GPS and will probably try to fish. I plan on stopping by the Tackle Box and get an up to date report but I'm looking for any general information people might have since I have never fished out of this port before. Thanks in advance.

Nick

what kind of info do you need. Just go up there and have a great time and fish. I been told that the fishing is really good up there right now. If you like to ask me anything you have my number so call me if needed.

Rich

I live in the southwest corner of the state and two weeks ago I was in your shoes. Never been to Frankfort and knew nothing about it. I found the address to the "Tackle Box", read their fishing report on-line and stopped in their store before I dropped into the water. Their located across from the public ramp. When you walk out of the Tackle Box, I guarantee you will know more about fishing in Frankfort than some of the locals who live in Frankfort. You will probably leave with a sack of the hotest and latest spoons and flies, navagation map for 4 bucks and best of all, when your on the water set your VHF to channel 10, listen, learn and don't be afraid to ask questions. Radio chatter in Frankfort is great and anyone will help you catch fish. Even the charter guys. They have one of the best fish cleaning stations I've used. When you leave the ramp after fishing head east on the same street and stop in to the little smoke fish house on the right. Killer trout. Wished I'd bought more. After you leave there. Go to the stop sign go right, then right again, across the bridge and right one more time. (about five miles from the smoke shop) Theres a great burger place on the left side of the road. Have a great time.

I fished yesterday morning and evening and there are a ton of fish out there. With the wind shifted to the east, the Herring Hole will be BUSY in addition to the GLPAA tourney this weekend. Slips will be very hard to come by. But the fishing is great, temp is way up (40' or higher) but the fish are at all depths. The 20 plus kings weren't around yesterday, but lots of fish 12-18 pounds.

The most common strategy is to go straight out to the break and then head north to Point Betsie ...100 plus depths worked the best for us yesterday. Everything went, spoons, dipsey, hoochie, Spin Doctor, J plug, rigger, etc. The biggest problem is keeping rods in the water at dawn or dusk...not a bad problem to have. Good luck to all!

Just wanted to thank everyone for the help. Should be hitting the road in about 8 hrs., not that I'm counting:D Looks like today is going to be a little too rough to get out but should be heading out first thing wednesday morning.

Can you say...........Fiiiiiiiisssshhhhh Oooooonnnnnnn!

:OrangeCrush: :Turtle: :BlueAlewife: