2010 season run down

I know there are a few guys out there that are gonna fish untill they have to break ice off there boats. But for alot of us there in storage for the winter and were looking to blast somthing in the woods. I was just wondering how everyones salmon year went.

Ours started out with the best weekend we had all year boating 24 fish in 3 days then it went down hill from there. I think our end tally was 97 fish and 26 trips. This was the worst season that i have ever seen sence i started fishin in 01. We had 2 skunks this year, try to explain a with over 50 years of experice between me and grandpa with dumb founded alot of people but every dog has its day.

The fish were small for us to big fish came on the first weekend up there a 17.1 pound king, lake trout was 12.5, coho was 9.5 steelhead was 8, and we had a brown 4 pounds.

The best baits we had this year were moonshine sarge on a rigger,blue thunder silver streak was good for us to. We only had one good plug and that was 5inch silver hoard double glow goast plug. With adam doing so well on flashers last year i was putting them down as many as i could. best colors was a blue bubble spin doc with a blue frog squid, then the black tux with pickeled sunshine. But the #1 was a green chrome and chrush spin doc with froggy strong fly. Thats the run down for the Bob-along 2010 season. Next year im going to go threw it and get my first mate card and try to get on a boat.

That's fishing. Our boat only made it out on Lk Michigan twice this year. We had one trip with four fish boated, which for us was the best trip ever on our boat (only been fishing salmon for about two years). The other trip yielded one medium sized lake trout. Then we tried Lake Superior in Munising Bay and ended with just one splake.

Weather has been a problem this year for us. Seems like the waves always increased during the weekends, and with our small boat, we have few options. Top that with family and work keeping me busy and not too much time either. Still have the boat out for some inland pike and bass, but time is nearing to store it. I always look back at every season and realize, as long as I made it out, it was a good season! I hope everyone else had a great season too!

Thanks for the recap Matt. Sure would be cool to mate for a boat. certainly a roller coaster of a year weather wise. It seems that the only times the weather was conducive of fishing was during the week for the most part, leaving us weekend warriors less time to fish this summer. I think that most of us weekend guy's numbers this year are down generally speaking, because of the lack of opportunity to fish. Boat's not put away yet, a couple more weekends and it will be time to get'r ready for winter. I'm hoping for better weather and better fishing next year too. Good Luck!

Nice job Matt, all we can do is deal with the conditions that are given to us. Good luck pursuing a mate job! Unfortunately our boat is tucked away in the garage for the winter as well. For us the 2010 season got off to an exciting start since we were taking our new boat out to fish for the first time. We started fishing in June and were greeted with excellent fishing which continued through July. In August and September things changed and fishing was pretty hit or miss for us.

Riggers and dipsies were both good for us this year with FF combos. White Hotspot flashers and glow or aqua flies were the best. We also did very well with a happee meal spoon on a light line rigger. Our copper and core lines were very slow for us this year, and only took a handful of fish. We ended up catching 166 fish on 22 trips for 2010. Our biggest fish was 18.5# which was also caught on our first trip of the year. We had a lot of fun fishing and getting used to the new boat over the course of the summer. Looking forward to next year already!

I always thought St Ignace was a bad spot to fish compared to the West Side. Now I have other thoughts My two biggest kings were 25 and 22 pounds. I caught 59 kings, 2 Atlantic salmon, 3 Steelhead,0 Brown Trout and believe it or not 0 Lake trout. I tried real hard not to catch lake trout this year and it worked. On other boats I caught 8 Kings and 2 Lake trout. My motor smoked just as fishing was getting real good or I would have had a few more fish.

Guys I did real good in May and June but kind of missed the hit in July and August but got right back on it. I quit night fishing for a few weeks and started launching the boat at 3:00 am. First one to launch every day, no wait, nobody taking up dock space. What a wonderful thing it was. Every time out just about I would get both rods set and one would go off. Sweet a fish in the cooler in the first 20 minutes. I would have no less than 10 hits on a typical morning and usually get three or four fish in the cooler. I would head back in at 6:30 when the other boats cleared the docks load up quick and head off to work after cleaning fish and myself.