Port Sheldon - Gold Coast Tourney

Well, we fished the same crew as the Big Red and moved up a little in the standings. We were on top with only 10 minutes left, but a few coolers got the better of us and we ended up third. AWESOME doing this well with my dad on board. Can't tell you how much that means to me.

It was tough fishing in the bouncy water. Seemed like everyone did ok from 7-8am no matter where you were. 60 fow, 100 fow, 130 fow, 170 fow, didn't matter. THEN after 8am the fish disappeared.:eek: I mean the screens went blank. They were flat gone.

We caught 5 fish in the first hour, and 4 fish in the next 4.5hours one of which was a 15" shaker that ended up being worth big $$$.

Water was cold everywhere and the fish just didn't want to cooperate.

We took 3 or 4 fish of our 9 total (8 kings one laker) on a green with black ladder back ace hi plug. One came on 8" yellow echip with yellow fly on dipsey 1.5 back 100ft (figured we were marking high, we might as well try it). Another on full core flounder pounder. Another on full core with Jim's Blue milar ace hi. MAN, I don't think you are getting that back. I may just have to keep it and buy you a new one. The shaker was draggin on a 300 copper with a killer dolphin for who knows how long. That is all I can remember. My kidneys are wrecked, but we ended up pretty good.

Thanks again to all you on on this site that have contributed to helping me become a better fisherman. I really apprecaite it and if you are on the water and know me, you know I'll share information as well. Just ask. It's all about getting everyone better.