MSCST final event

Less than a week to go till our last event weather permiting. Still have not received a couple of the prize packages but hope to have them in time. However still a good chance for someone to grab the Purple Taco big fish money which is 100 bucks for biggest fish of the year. Port championship money will be determined once we have all the entry fees paid and payout will be 50% 1st place 30% second place 20% third place and what ever lure packages we have left will go for 4th place. 1st place will also get the guided river float trip provided by Alltimit Fishing. Still waiting on the 2nd and 3rd place prizes hopefully they will be here on time. Guys we have had a lot of great sponsors this year and I hope each of you will at least send them a email thanking them for their support so that when we set this up again next year they will be back to help again. While this is a just for fun event it has been very nice to pass out lure packages and prizes at every event and the fact that everyone has gotten at least a lure package at each event has been nice and for many I am sure the lure package alone was worth the cost of entry so let the sponsors know how much you appreaciate their support. Here is a list of our sponsors from this year.

SILVERSTREAK LURES

SILVERHORDE LURES

Z BOARDS

PRO TROLL FLASHERS

SIGGS RIGGS FLIES

PURPLE TACO FLY SUPPLIES

BAUER SHEEL METAL AND FABRICATION

PAPA BEARS RESTURANT

CAPTAIN GARY'S

ALLTIMIT FISHING GUIDE SERVICE

DOCKERS RESTURANT

MUSKEGON PORT AUTHORITY

GREAT LAKES ANGLER

SPECIAL THANKS TO DON'S WIFE PATTY FOR KEEPING EVERY THING ORGANIZED AND MAKING DON AND ME LOOK LIKE WE KNEW WHAT WE WERE DOING.

I am sure there are a few others I should thank as well which I will but I do want you guys to all thank our sponsors cause without them all we had for the lure packages was the ziplock bags and we swiped them from Patty LOL.

Everything looks like a go in the morning the warm water is back and it will be a bit lumpy early but unless things change it will be fish able. Looking forward to seeing everyone at weigh in. Prize packs are all set a few things did not show up but we still have some nice stuff to give away.

Well bumpy was a under statement we started in 2 to4 ft waves with the hopes it would calm it did not calm it got worse. With reports for tomorrow being worse we decided to try and make it till 9 am to make a complete event. By 9 it seemed the worst was past us and we went ahead and finished the event. I most likely would have won if we called it at 9 since I did not get another fish other than a Sheephead after 9 LOL. anyhow it did settle down later in the morn and it was a choppy 1 to 3 when I ran in.

Weigh in and final event results

BOAT NAME BIG TOTAL TOTAL TOTAL

FISH FISH WEIGHT POINTS

CHARLIES ANGEL 6 10 47.35 147.35

REEL OBSESSED 11 7 52.45 122.45

INREELTROUBLE 10.6 6 41.65 101.65

FISHSNIFFER 16.25 5 44.35 94.35

1 MAINIAC 12.85 4 30.6 70.6

WIND DRIFT 7.55 2 10.95 30.95

7MARY3 0 0 0 0

WAY COOL 0 0 0 0

AHABS REVENGE 0 0 0 0

DOUBLE J 0 0 0 0

HIGH SEAS 0 0 0 0

PULP FISHING 0 0 0

Congrats to everyone who fished this year we have a few bugs to work out but I am already looking forward to next year. Don and I would like to again thank all of our sponsors and those who fished with us this year I think everyone had a good time.

If you mean a few bugs by letting people deaviate from the rules you have set than you have a lot of bugs to work out. I am sorry to have to say this but if you let someone weigh fish after the check in time of the rules you set you are leting them cheat. This is no different than any other tournament rules. You let boats weigh in past the weigh time and the stole money from the other boats that followed the rules and did what the rules said. Rules are rules and if anyones a critic of them it is you. Reguardsless of being a fun tournament there are rules in place. If you truely want a fun tournament than make no rules otherwise you are condoning cheating by letting people break rules, and more than once....

I agree with 2unreel. I will have to think long and hard about joining again next year. I feel like I was cheated out of first place. I know the dollar amount of winning is "lunch money" but it would have put a lot of gas in my boat. It seemed like all but two people agreed that they should be disqualified.

for the record i called jim at 1:06 Pm on saturday. I asked him if he would like me to park my boat at my marina and drive around or if i should pull up to a dock and walk up. He said he didnt want to plug up the marina and not have any docks available and being that two other tournament boats were currently in view of myself coming in they knew i was not cheating. Im sorry you feel like you were "cheated" out of first place but last time i checked you cant always be the best fisherman and once in a while someone else has to win. I had a good box for once can you give me a little credit? And being that you won points championship im pretty sure you had enough to fill your boat.

Edited by A-Fishy-Anado

for the record i called jim at 1:06 Pm on saturday. I asked him if he would like me to park my boat at my marina and drive around or if i should pull up to a dock and walk up. He said he didnt want to plug up the marina and not have any docks available and being that two other tournament boats were currently in view of myself coming in they knew i was not cheating. Im sorry you feel like you were "cheated" out of first place but last time i checked you cant always be the best fisherman and once in a while someone else has to win. I had a good box for once can you give me a little credit? And being that you won points championship im pretty sure you had enough to fill your boat.

PM Sent to Charlie's Angel.

Jon

7Mary3

I will break my silence and state a simple fact I made a judgement call and let Tyler go to his slip I should not have done that. However I can't undo it I have been in several tournaments where tournament control has allowed variations to the check in proceder in this years Shoot out on day 2 we were having motor issues and asked for a change which was granted that is called being human. Tyler was in port along with other boats you can't blame him or call him names because I made a bad judgement call had I told him to come to the check in none of this would be a issue. I will respond to PM's but am no longer posting on the site.

No need to keep posting about not getting a response to your pm. If you look at the profile for Charlie's Angel, you will see that he has not been online since 8-24. This is probably why you have not received a reply. ;)

How about taking this up with 1 Mainiac instead of posting that no one is replying to your pm's? He is the one who ran the league. Shoot him a pm, and I am sure he will respond.

Thanks Mike. I already did talk to Jim in person at the event and the day after. He admitted that he made a mistake. Tyler made a big deal about taking this up privately and has seemed not to want to do that. No big deal. Its done and over.

Nice numbers this year on your fish. Keep it up.

Jon

7Mary3

Thanks Mike. I already did talk to Jim in person at the event and the day after. He admitted that he made a mistake. Tyler made a big deal about taking this up privately and has seemed not to want to do that. No big deal. Its done and over.

Nice numbers this year on your fish. Keep it up.

Jon

7Mary3

Thanks Jon!

My numbers in South Haven are down from the numbers I had in Muskegon. :(