I need a new net

I would stay away from the anti-fouling nets. The fish seem to stick to them and they won't slide in. I can't recommend a brand but biggger is better. Let us know what you get and if you are happy with it, I have been looking for a second net.

I have two on the boat, one short handle-4ft, one long handle-7ft+3. The short one is a Pro Bass Stalker model, the long one is a Beckman. Both are wide hoops and net is coated. I use the short one when out by myself or as a secondary net. The long on is my main net. The Beckman is more expensive and heavier but a much nicer net. The handle is aluminum and adjusts from 7 to 10ft if needed.

I would stay away from the anti-fouling nets. The fish seem to stick to them and they won't slide in. I can't recommend a brand but biggger is better. Let us know what you get and if you are happy with it, I have been looking for a second net.

I will second this. I have had numerous fish come out because they did not slide down the net once netted. :(

You know' date=' this just happened to me too.

I went to Lakeshore outfitters and just bought a 7' fiberglass handle. Fits right into most standard nets and you save some money not buying the entire setup.[/quote']

That's not a bad idea but our old net is still usable, just a bit shorter, so I would like to keep that one as a backup net.

OMG we've lost two nets this year overboard.... first was my fault then the next was the wifes.... we simply didn't tie them off to the railing with our velcro tape....I've spent a lot this year...

Lol I know the feeling. We were fishing a tournament in rough water when someone went to net the fish and hit a wave just right, he slipped and luckily caught himself before he went overboard. He manage to get the fish in the net but dropped the net in the water!!!! I popped another rigger, reeled up And snap the net. Got both the net and the fish!!!!

I love my frabill power lock yoke, not the longest at about 6 feet but compacts down to about 3, rock solid handle. I dont like reaching out 10 feet for fish anyway.

I use an offshore clip to hold the netbag back til the fish hits the pop down she goes. Gets rid of that washout effect you can get if you dont net fast and furious on the first attempt.

I use an offshore clip to hold the netbag back til the fish hits the pop down she goes. Gets rid of that washout effect you can get if you dont net fast and furious on the first attempt.

I have the same thing rigged up, works great.