Fished the WMFL this morning.

After weighing 1 king in each of the first and second tournaments, I've kind of doubted my ability to get kings. And landing 4 last week with boats on either side of me getting 15 kind of hurt.

Set up in 70' about 2 miles south.

5:15 8# king on a wire diver out 80, green fish catcher blue bubble glow fly.

5:30 5# king on a yellow submarine moonshine down 35'

5:31 4# king on the other wire diver, mag diver on 2 out 100', blue bubble glow spinny rig

6:15 10# king full core green glow #4 J

We slid out, in 100' took an 11# king on a white 10" spinny mirage fly 65' down.

Worked out as far as 180', lots of hooks down 60' but could not get bit. At 11 we decided that with 43 degree water 60' down in tight those early fish had no reason to move, and we'd go back to them. Ran back to our original track and set up.

11:30 full core starts digging in, pull a 12# king on a DW green dolphin. OK, not expected, but cool.

Set that back out and at 11:49 it took off screaming. Got the board in, dropped the boat out of gear and screamed the thing in. Netted it with 6 minutes to spare. 14.4# king. Wished we would have moved in there earlier or could have stayed there a while.

We took third, I think one boat had a little more weight and another had the steelie we could not find. But it was a lot better than the 14.6 points we had last time.

IMG_9694.jpg

Edited by Nailer
Added Image.

Thanks for adding the picture.

My daughter had thrown up just before we pulled them and was not feeling well, so she sat in the truck with the AC on trying to cool down and drink something. She felt bad about missing the weigh in. Stopped at the gas station and got her a Powerade, which she finished before we got home.

Wife does not and will not know about this......