copper rod suggestions

I have a 300' and a 150' copper reels that I am planning on putting on ugly stick 6'6" M/MH rods.They will be the only rods on planner boards. Should I be looking for lighter or longer rods or are these Ok to use.

Steve

i take it you have those rods already? i use a mix of talora 9 ft and okuma copper rods. the okumas are like 35 bucks and handle copper and boards great. I think they are an 8'6. they had a little problem when they first came out with tip breakage but that has been fixed. they have all stainless guides and the big knots flow through with no problem, no hang ups while reeling the in.

The 7'6" will work fine if you are not running any other boards, if you decide to run more boards just keep the shorter rods more to the stern of the boat and angled more down than the longer outside rods. Ugly Sticks are great rods and you won't be disappointed in them. If you can afford a couple of Lead Core rigs to run higher in the water column, then go to a 9' Dipsy rod Okuma makes one that is great for running boards Med action is what I use.

Good luck on your planer board presentations. If you have any problems be sure to post all of your questions you will get great feedback here.

Mike(Supertramp)

Boat Name MC2