AuGres July 2, 2010

Mel, Lynn, Rod, and I took 13 walleye with a couple of throw backs. Bouncers and meat, trolled at 1.4-1.7 MPH. Copper still shines, along with glows

The weather patterns this year have me fishing days I'd normally turn my nose up at. We are searching most every trip. We need some stable weather.

Inconsiderate so called sportsmen and so called friends. I gave a friend a water depth and was overwhelmed with boats within a half hour. There is a lot of room out there and no need to crowd anyone. Another so called friend comes running at me full bore and proceeds to set up within shouting distance. I wouldn't do that even to someone I didn't like. No Respect. I was boxed in. Colors, speed, and methods are the only information I'll give out. I will not give depth or any hint of location. It takes all kinds, and all kinds are out there. These things have not all taken place on my last trip. To the true sportsmen my apologies. To the others???

Edited by Priority1

Christ sad it best 2000 years ago. Treat others as you would have them treat you. Would these sportsmen like it if you set up on top of them?

Nice job getting the ones you did Frank.

Nice job Frank. I have a hard time saying over the radio what depth I am in. I have seen it too many times where I say a depth over the radio, and then next thing you know, you have 50+ boats heading that direction.

A cell phone is a GREAT way to share the info without getting crowded out. ;)

I hear ya Frank. Well done out there my friend. Looks like we're gonna head up towards your neck of the woods tomorrow as its pretty dead down here. Lots of guys out and not doing too hot. Searched and fished HARD for 4 keepers today and 2 undersized....UGH

Nice job Frank. I have a hard time saying over the radio what depth I am in. I have seen it too many times where I say a depth over the radio, and then next thing you know, you have 50+ boats heading that direction.

A cell phone is a GREAT way to share the info without getting crowded out. ;)

I don't have a cell phone. I can barely pay the bills I have now.:) Property tax is eating my lunch. This past decade has been one of the worst in this state since the great depression. I can't sell my house, but it's value and taxes keep increasing according to the assessor and Township B.O.R. I'm between the rock and the hard place.

If I was on welfare I could get a cell phone and service for free. What a bunch of BS.

Nice catch again Frank. That is too bad. I don't like a lot of traffic either. There sure are some inconsiderate people out there. Last weekend while fishing the slot I found a pod of fish and started circling the area. Out of nowhere several boats converged forcing me out of my pattern, must have been watching with their binoculars. The other thing that really gets my gourd is when trolling out in the open basically alone here comes a boat flying by and tries to see how close they can get by ya. Just wizzes me off.

Yes there is a lot of water out there. No need for anyone to crowd other people out.

Thats a bad deal Frank, its too bad you can't even mention something or get your net in the water and before you know it even one and their brother is fishing right next to you. Jason had it happen to him last summer, fishing all by himself and a baot almost runs him over and sits down right next to him and starts fishing. You work hard to find your little hot spots and then every boat on the bay wants to take advantage of you. I don't blame you one bit.

Tom