Went out with my wife, my friend and his wife last night going 2 for 4. We started setting lines at about 7:00 in 80 ft and worked our way out to 120. After not getting any hits we started heading back to 100 and got our first bite on a downrigger 50 down with a green flasher and fly. That one was lost after a short fight. Then we got another hit on the other downrigger set at 60 with a NBK. I was messing with a tangled line when that one went and by the time I set the poles down it was gone. :(

Shortly after the sun went down my wife got her first fish ever on the big lake - (15 lb king) on a dipsey set at 2 150ft out with a Blue Chilly Willy. It was a lot of fun watching her reel it in. It dragged out another 50 ft or so of line and after a couple minutes she sad she was tired. I then pointed out to her the large fish thrashing at the surface way behind the boat and laughed saying she had a ways to go. After some coaching and encouragement we got it in the boat. I think I have begun to justify (to her) the thousands of dollars put into the boat, equipment, slip, etc. She was thrilled. :)

We finished the night with my friend's wife getting a 4 lb laker that we released. This was caught on the same setup that got the king.

It was a great night out on the water

Salmon3.jpg