Port Sheldon - night trip - 05-24-10

Well, the weather was amazing. FLAT FLAT FLAT. Man was it flat. Almost too flat for fishing, but it worked out eventually.

Set sail with Jim (1Maniac) and a buddy of mine at about 6:30 from port sheldon. Went to 150 with some guy following us the hole way (I think they thought we knew what we were doing). I have to admit, the boat looks like we know what is up with all the rods on it.

Anyway, we went out to about 150 and dropped lines. Went southest to 200 ft and back in ENE to 135 eventually. Not much happened until just after dark. We did pick a few up (small ones) but not much else. Missed one on the rigger that was pealing line :eek: and was shaking like crazy and then all of a sudden just came undone. :rolleyes:.

THEN the fun started just after dark. Full core went, Jim as battling a beast for 10 minutes with very little progress on the board. Then the copper went, and I grabbed it. Oh, did I mention Ryan was now the only member on the boat not fighting a fish. Opps the dipsey hammers. Three guys fighting fish on the back of a 8.5ft deck with no one driving. :lol:, We managed to get two fish in and they were pretty decent. The one of the dipsey jumped the net (full of lures as we could not clear fast enough). DARN IT. Almost boated the first triple of the season. Anyway it was AWESOME. And without a tangle.

Thanks Jim and Ryan for joining on short notice. I had a blast.

Lures were Moonshine Flounder Pounder, Moonshine white with 3 black dots, Blue with black dots nitro stingray, green nitro stingray, and I think blue veggie. Sorry, it was a late night.

Thanks everyone. Jim, not your fault man. But it was sure fun. I was sure that those fish were coming in wrapped togther in a big ball of crap in the middle of the boat. I was pretty happy to get what we got in without loosing gear.