Milwaukee 5/20 Incredible

Keep in mind as you are reading this its my first year on the big pond ,so if I seem a little excited ,bear with me. Spoke to a few guys that were out on Wednesday , I was disappointed that I only pick up one fish that day and looking for fish info. So I asked a guy in the cleaning shack where he cought the cooler full of Kings and he told me out in 85 fow. So Thursday we would start in 70 fow and head east and see what we could find. So 70 fow to 80 fow Nada, we hit 82 feet and bait starts to show up. 85 feet and now we find fish too , none seemed hungry so we just kept trolling aroud the bait and about 2 hrs and we finally hook up and lose it. I said to my son doesn't look good tonight. Then about 7:50 one of the dipseys goes off on his side , Just as he's grabbing the pole BOTH down riggers go off at the same time, (I'm saying to my self he hooked the riggers?) No he didn't , we never even had a double before , its a triple, Holy (*&^. I managed to get my fish in first and netted his fish giving him the net and going for the other pole , and his fish tangled up really well in the net, So I managed to swing the other one in with out the net. Rest all 3 poles , By now its getting dusk and I put the aft light pole in right next to one of the riggers ,turn on the switch and the rigger goes off, no way yup another king . Now my arm is getting kind of sore,I started letting line out to reset the pole and the dipsey on my side goes off and its just screaming line out , 15 minutes later a nice 15lb king, Now my arm is truly sore and its getting dark so I says to Nick lets pull lines and run in . Not too be the other rigger goes off , now I'm laughing my ass off , sore arm and now I have to fight this one in 5-8 foot swells. A freighter was leaving port and made for one hell of a ride bringing this one in. Not done yet one last fish hits one of the three dipseys left. Left with 2 rods to pull in empty, It was one incredible night . Find the bait find the fish , don't give up.

m_dscn4702.jpg

m_dscn4704.jpg

m_dscn4705.jpg

Jim, Get used to that dawn bite. When that sun sets on the horizon the fish go on a hour long feeding frenzy. If you fish the evening bite, pick yourself up some Moonshine Spoons and put them out just before dusk. Nice size to those fish.:thumb: