she's home!

Well the Tad Pole came home this morning and it appears that she is gonna be just fine.

As some of you may know we took the boat in to be checked out and have a new shift cable installed before the "season" starts,well the check up revealed a couple problems that turned out to be life threatening, the seal between the transom and the outdrive was broken and needed to be replaced the engine and the outdrive had to come out to repair this(bad but not the end of the world) while that was being done it was discovered that someone many years in the past had botched a simular repair and it has been leaking for many years and there was transom rot(ok now i'm worried!)after much discussion(cussing) it was decided to repair it

Well we got her home this morning and she is back in the barn Rick spent much of the day putting gear back on and in the boat i'm gonna go over tomorow and install the new fish hawk and hopefully we will be able to get to the lake soon and give her a proper shake down

Randy, Tell Rick I said howdy. Putting things into perspective it's far better to have something wrong with mechanical things, than human things. A few months and your pocketbook will heal.:) I'm glad the TadPole is ready to ROCK.:)

B. Break

O. Out

A. Another

T. Thousand.

I know the G didn't cover this one, but what the heck.

• 3 weeks later...

well we decided a couple weeks ago that we would drop the boat in green lake for a testdrive and that was a disaster, we had a castosrophic failure of the upper gear case on our cobra outdrive and after much disscussion(cussing) it was decided that we would fix it once again!!!so it went back to the shop once again!!!don't even wanna discuss that bill.

Well we got around to draggin the boat to the lake last nite and thank god everything worked perfectly.

I don't know how many of you have gone threw this before but its pretty stressful when everytime you try to use the boat it costs ya a couple grand,makes ya kinda gun shy

So last nite when the boat started and ran perfectly the out drive worked perfectly and the bildge pump never came on I had to start grinning and I'm still grining a bit.the fishing wasn't that great for us but that's for another place

Rick and Randy, SOOOOOO sorry about the bad luck, but maybe you are lucky you were not WAY off shore when this happened. Losing power on the big pond can turn catastrophic. Everything happens for a reason. It just may be a blessing in disguise. Just MO money. Y'all come over and we will do some walleye whackin.