I thought we were gonna loose her

:cray: As some of you may remeber back a few months ago we were all getting cabin fever and someone asked the question "what are you gonna do to the boat before the season starts"?well i replied that a tune up install the fish hawk we baught and the boat was going to the shop for a new shift cable and a check up. and now the scarry part!

We was told the the seal between the transom and the outdrive was broken and the engine and outdrive had to come out to repair it about a $1500 bill. After consideration it was decided that we would get it fixed. The service center called back the next day with more bad news it seams that many years ago someone else had tried simular repairs and they done a bad job and it leaked well there was some transom rot! Now the estimated repair bill is over $3000 we debated for a few days on scrapping the boat and calling it quits.The boat is worth more than the repair bill to be sure but in these times it is hard to come up with the money to repair it.And simply putting a bandaid on it and selling it was not an option(Damn morals) so finially we decided to get this damaged repaired as well.

well she came out of the body shop today and went back to the mechanical side and we were told barring any complications that she could come home most likely at the end of this week.

It has been tough not having a boat in the early part of this season but with a little luck we will be back out there in a week or two like nothing ever happened with a boat that will give us many more years of faithful service as she has in the past.

Those kind of cost just Suck. but as you stated you know what you have and you can trust it time and time again.

Good Luck out there,

I can't wait to get back home and hit the water this comming weekend.

I left first GR this morning @ 6am for AZ, here all week. the good thing is its sunny and 90+ degs outside...