Tire wear on trailer

I have a EZ loader tandem trailer (3yrs old) that has excessive tire wear on the outside of one of the tires. After surfing around I beleive that the axel might be out of alignment. The question is, does anyone know of a place where I can hull the boat and trailer together and get it repaired. Anywhere close to Ionia, Mi would be a plus.

Thanks

Hank

Hank my shop is at my home. I do metal fabrication and welding. I have built a bunch of trailers and straightened several bent and off center axils. I do not plan on charging you just helping a fellow fisherman get underway. It is not a big job; the most time is doing the measurements and laser to make sure everything it running true. It should not be more than a few minutes than you can be underway no need to leave your equipment here. (616) 299-0791 MIke

Thank you very much for the offer. I will be calling you. Once you have me back on the road I can offer a trip to St. Joe . The coho are hitting and that is the least I can do... and again thanks..Hank

Edited by SC Fisherman 22
A good thank you

Thanks Deuce for the quick offer to help.

One thing should be noted about trailers in general. Trailers are designed to haul a certain load. If they are overloaded they may wear tires on the inside. If they are empty or way under loaded they may tend to wear tires on the outside. I have heard of some boat manufacturers using lighter trailers to keep costs down. There is the flex factor when any trailer is loaded. I'm definitely NOT an expert on this subject, so please correct me if I'm wrong.:)

Frank thanks for the info. This was a case of loose bolts as it turned out the axle spring u-bolt nuts were loose and axle had moved forward. Several of the nuts on the trailer were about to fall off. We suspect builder error. Got everything aligned and Hank is ready to go. That is a great looking rig he has.

Frank thanks for the info. This was a case of loose bolts as it turned out the axle spring u-bolt nuts were loose and axle had moved forward. Several of the nuts on the trailer were about to fall off. We suspect builder error. Got everything aligned and Hank is ready to go. That is a great looking rig he has.

Glad he's up and rolling. Seems like the trailer company should make good on repairs and tires. Probably was built at the end of a shift.:)