Looking for boat advice

zollerj

I am looking at upgrading my 18' 1967 Holiday to a 22' 1986 crestliner GL. Curious on the value of this boat. It has a 140 hp I.O, and the guy is asking $6k. Think he might be a little high. The only equipent it comes with is 4 electric cannon downriggers.... What do you guys think?

Actually, looks like he's pretty close. I ran an NADA check on it and it goes from $5,000-$5,400 and the only option I had on it was changing the engine. Go to the site and customize it, see what you get. You can always offer less:)

http://www.nadaguides.com/default.aspx?LI=1-24-38-5697-0-0-0&l=1&w=24&p=38&f=5698&m=0394&d=1600050590&y=1986&ml=C&gc=MR&gtc=MR

He is not to far off if the boat is in great condition he might be low. I find it ironic as my 1969 18ft Starcraft Holiday just returned to my yard a few min ago. After waiting for over a year for my brother to finish the deal he started on buying it from me I gave up and had him bring it back so now I have to sell it again.

The boat itself appears to be in good condition... does anyone have experience fishing this platform? can I slow down to the 2.0 mph I am used too, with a 140 hp? Is there adequate room in the back for running 12 lines?

The boat itself appears to be in good condition... does anyone have experience fishing this platform? can I slow down to the 2.0 mph I am used too, with a 140 hp? Is there adequate room in the back for running 12 lines?

I have a 88 Crestliner G/L 24.5 with a 4.3 V6 Mercruiser and we can troll down to 1.9mph (your speed will depend on the boats engine)

I usually run 9 rods, but have room and holders for 3-4 more, but I usually stay pretty busy with 9.

This is my first aluminum big water boat and I have liked it so far. Mine has plenty of room to get up & move around, or to play and land fish.

Hope that helps.

JC

I have a 22 SC Islander HT with the 140. It will get down to about 2 MPH. I get slower for walleye using trolling bags. Mine is an 86, and should be close in weight to yours. The prop will also determine speed both high and low. I hope this helps you. If the boat is in good shape it is probably priced right. It is a buyers market so don't be too anxious and offer him less. Make sure you have a trusted mechanic look it over or maybe even a survey done.:)