The Big Head fight begins.

This is one of the dumbest things mentioned:

"If only one or two get through, it's not the end," Rogner said. "They'll be little fish in a big pond."

It may not be a big deal to start, there has been mention that these things can spawn up to 3 times a year, and spawn millions of eggs. It may not be the end, but what they fail to accept it that it could be the begginning of terrible things to come.:angry2:

This is one of the dumbest things mentioned:

"If only one or two get through, it's not the end," Rogner said. "They'll be little fish in a big pond."

It is people like that, that really mess this world up ! No common sense....

I think what scares me most is that with all the news coverage lately, there will probably be some idiot out there that will put a few in the lake because they will think it's funny.

or peta is gonna freak out...i just had to look ..theyre calling it the great fish massacre of 2009

Edited by GLF
Removed the link for PETA's website

simple thing back fill the canal and the problem is solved someone inform PETA we will stop killing them if they get the canal closed. And that if these carp get in the Great Lakes millions of fish will die due to starvation. Untill then rotonone the entire river system till they are no chance of any survivors.

Thats a great post Jim. One way to use that organization to do some good. I agree, fill the canal in. No reason they cant bring the cargo so far then transfer it to a loading dock and put it back on another boat and send it to its destination. Sure, theres more cost to doing this, but it creates more jobs for our bad economy and protects our great lakes resources. I think the added costs is a price well worth paying.

Start at one end of the river and poison the whole thing. Then charge the fish farms that are responsible. I believe that sooner or later it will be a reality, then what do you do?????The Michigan DNR is doing a good job by helping with the situation