Making flies

Mike,

The LBB looks just like some of the stuff in your "Blue Eye Ghost" fly. Its kind of a Clear materiel with a slight Blue tint to it, and when you put it in the water it almost turns a light blue/purple color and really shimmers in the sunlight. Great Stuff!

:thumb:

Daybreak, Yep, thats the stuff. That and the crinkle mirage have been put into alot of my hottest flys in the last 2-3 years. I think Siggs rigs calls it Aqua crinkle, Curt at Purple Taco calls it clear crinkle with aqua tint.

LBB = Aqua Crinkle! Wonderful and thanks for the info.

Yes John, The Blue Glo Eye Ghost and the Aqua Eye Ghost have that as a major component. Made a lot of twinkie rigs with it this winter too with Yoda's coaching:)

Mike

• 5 weeks later...

i use paper punches to make dots and eyes for lures. try to find different size punches. a leather punch works also with various sized punch settings.pinking shears and craft scissors with different cuts for tape designs. these canbe found at some dollar stores. you can also make small templates from plastic to form various shapes. i also use a heart shaped punch to make the natural born killer shape by placing the hearts end to end on both flashers and spoons.(different size punches.)

i use paper punches to make dots and eyes for lures. try to find different size punches. a leather punch works also with various sized punch settings.pinking shears and craft scissors with different cuts for tape designs. these canbe found at some dollar stores. you can also make small templates from plastic to form various shapes. i also use a heart shaped punch to make the natural born killer shape by placing the hearts end to end on both flashers and spoons.(different size punches.)

Arthur, Welcome to the site :welcome:

youcan connect two or more colors together using super glue and use a dab to stick to fly body material. i use a rotating fly vise with the tube fly adapter to spin material onto the fly body. another source for body material is lollypop sticks (plastic) that have a hole thru the middle.