Happy Man from Fowlerville. 10-20-09.

The way things started out this morning, I wasn't to sure we were going to fish at all. The Ol'Jet drive (completely out of character) didn't want to start right up like she usually does. Seems I flooded it and it took quit a while to get her to start breathing again. But she finally started and we were off. The river was like glass and I thought this might be a good thing. I could fallow along the ledges a lot easier as we trolled, and keep the lead core and lure in whatever depth I wanted to on the ledge, without getting pushed off to either side by the wind. Well, it did work out that way, but the fish didn't seem to like much of anything in these spots, as everyone we seen and talked to who were both jigging and trolling had ZIP/NATTA.

So onto plan "B", Vertical jigging. That paid off great. My Client "Jim" hooked the first one and it must have been nice. It would not come off the bottom and simply made deep pumps on the rod. But it got off half way up. The fish today seemed to come in spurts, but we managed to catch a 2 man limit by 3:30pm. All were released after a picture to continue their upstream migration. I've posted a few pictures of some of them. I also caught another tagged fish (see picture). The tag was removed and the info will be sent in tomorrow.:grin:

IMG_0303.jpg

IMG_0304.jpg

IMG_0305.jpg

IMG_0308.jpg

IMG_0307.jpg

Edited by Walleye Express

VN Healthy looking walleye. Fantastic Fishing Dan.:)

Thank's Guys.

What an outstanding walleye fishery the Saginaw River has turned into these last few years. Starting with Gary Parsons chat with us last February and his coaching both me and members on my site about the use of lead core line, that technique has breathed new life into my fishing enthusiasm and turned both spring and fall river fishing into a whole new fishing experience for me. And with the jig fishing producing as back-up so good and so soon this fall when the core lets us down, I have not once thought about or missed any other fall sport, or the outstanding Huron Ohio walleye fishery or any other place that historically produces great walleyes this time of year. What for, this fishery is 1 mile from my house. I feel truly blessed that I can sign off this web site and be catching walleyes in 15 minutes. I wish every Great Lakes Fisherman member could be this lucky, because it's truly like I died and went to walleye heaven. :P:p:grin:

Thank's Guys.

What an outstanding walleye fishery the Saginaw River has turned into these last few years. Starting with Gary Parsons chat with us last February and his coaching both me and members on my site about the use of lead core line, that technique has breathed new life into my fishing enthusiasm and turned both spring and fall river fishing into a whole new fishing experience for me. And with the jig fishing producing as back-up so good and so soon this fall when the core lets us down, I have not once thought about or missed any other fall sport, or the outstanding Huron Ohio walleye fishery or any other place that historically produces great walleyes this time of year. What for, this fishery is 1 mile from my house. I feel truly blessed that I can sign off this web site and be catching walleyes in 15 minutes. I wish every Great Lakes Fisherman member could be this lucky, because it's truly like I died and went to walleye heaven. :P:p:grin:

You nailed it Dan. I fished a lot this Spring and Summer, and felt truly blessed every time I put the boat in the water. We have a walleye fishery second to none. We had such a blast catching walleye well into August, I never pulled Priority1 out of the bay area all year. I did get in two trips, 4 days of Lake MI fishing, aboard others boats. FISHON!!!! Gotta Luv Dat Bay & her Tributaries.:)