Sign in to follow this  
Walleye Express

New spot but only a few. 10-14-09

Mark/Reel Fishin was feeling a littlle sick this morning, so we decided not to troll at all and jig fished a new spot close to the ramp for whatever would bite, in case he got worse. Caught lots of sheeps, cats, whites, along with a Master Angler Crappie that hit the cooler. Only caught 3 keeper walleyes and one shorty. All were released to fight again another day. One was wearing some jewlery. :P

IMG_0290.jpg

IMG_0283.jpg

IMG_0291.jpg

IMG_0274.jpg

Nice job Dan! Do you know where the walleye with the band came from?

Nice job Dan! Do you know where the walleye with the band came from?

99.9% are taged at the Dow Dam in Midland. Neither mark or I had a pen to write down the number, so he went back with the others.:P I guess as an after thought, we might have removed the tag and turned in the info, but we didn't.

99.9% are taged at the Dow Dam in Midland. Neither mark or I had a pen to write down the number, so he went back with the others.:P I guess as an after thought, we might have removed the tag and turned in the info, but we didn't.

Hey Mike.

I got an anonymous E-mail this morning chastising me for not removing the band from the walleye we caught yesterday, and sending it into the DNR to be recorded. The person also wondered why I would not simply "at least" keep the band for a souvenir, as he was told by a DNR official that only about 1 in every 1,000 walleyes caught by fishermen are banded. So I sent that person this photo with the statement "That I must be doing something right then". :eek::eek::eek:;):D

IMG_0292.sized.jpg

Hey Mike.

I got an anonymous E-mail this morning chastising me for not removing the band from the walleye we caught yesterday, and sending it into the DNR to be recorded. The person also wondered why I would not simply "at least" keep the band for a souvenir, as he was told by a DNR official that only about 1 in every 1,000 walleyes caught by fishermen are banded. So I sent that person this photo with the statement "That I must be doing something right then". :eek::eek::eek:;):D

IMG_0292.sized.jpg

Dan, Have you been scooping up those stunned released walleye again.:lol:

J/K my friend. You should make a necklace out of them.:)

I had about a dozen clamped to my hat at one point, but that hat blew off my head and out of the boat one day and I lost a few. I was always going to have something made up with them just never decided what.;)

The wife and I caned 8 more pints of walleye tonight. While they were pressure cooking I made up some walleye patties from 2 of the other jars we did earlier. Wow, first those fresh crappie sandwitches yesterday and now these golden brown beauties. God they are good.

IMG_0293.sized.jpg