diwia 47lc great lakes sealine

The 47LC is only rated for 280 yards of 20lb Mono, to get 300' of copper plus backing and leader u might be better off getting a 57LC it is rated for 550 yards of 20# Mono and should hold 150 yards of backing plus the copper and leader possibly more backer than that if you go to 30# power pro for the backer.:no:

i have these reels and not with copper yet but i have 350 feet of backer with 10 color 27lb on them and there is still some room but i am gonna get some copper and load one up i am thinking maybe 300 feet power pro 50lb and light copper not 45lb

Not enough backer on too small reels, can lead to being spooled by a BIG KING, and loosing $$$$, in lost gear. We have all seen big fish rip off 500+ ft. of line before you can whistle Dixie. The weight of cooper or core will tend to slow the fish somewhat, but why take the chance of being spooled?

I have to agree with Frank I have 2 300 copper setups on Okuma Convector 55 reels and have been down to the spool 2 times this year and neither was a monster just 15 to 17lb Kings. Mine came prespooled with 20lb mono backer and I am thinking I will go to 30lb Power Pro backing next year. The 55L holds 680 yds of 25lb mono the 57 diawa holds 380 lds of 25lb if you are going to fish copper size matters. Ask anyone how it feels to start seeing the spool and have to decide if the fish is coming in or leaving with your gear. Watching 40 or 50 bucks worth of tackle swim away sux.

In one of our to many tangle sessions this summer. I was running 5 boards per side in the dark. (Not again) Anyway I came out of it with an empty 47SH that perviously had a 5 color on it and a 60' piece of 45# copper after I had captain chucks re-spool my 200 and 300 coppers. I put the 60' on the 47 and it was one of my better rods last weekend for offshore steelhead. One issue I see is that the level wind guide on the 47's make it hard to get the copper knot through. I would think you could get 75' of copper on one of these reel's and have plenty of small diameter braid behind it.