My brother is getting married in a couple weeks, so we are throwing him his 'poor bastard' Party this weekend. We are doing a salmon fishing tourny out of Lanse. 12 guys, 3 boats, and alot of beers. We have 3 teams...

The Flashers (My Team)

The Spooners

The Rods & Balls

Hoping for good weather, banking on good fishing. I'll post some pictures and results for the weekend.

Did some prefishing on Monday. Caught 5 fish (2 Kings, 1 Coho, 1 Steelhead, 1 laker).

IMG_0033.jpg

Not a bad Steelhead... Caught it on a Miami Dolphin

IMG_0036.jpg

I'm sure the big ones are just waiting until this weekend to bite.

By the way, the two other boats will be captained by guys that haven't been on keweenaw bay too much, so I'm putting together a small 5 page guide to fishing keweenaw bay. Anyone who wants a copy for their own use, just let me know and I'll shoot a PDF version out to you.

I'm waiting on the pictures, which my dad is going to email to me tonight. I'll post them as soon as I get them.

Results...

Saturday was windy as hell. A strong south wind 20 to 25 mph stirred up the bay alot and basically ruined any chance of getting my 16 footer on the bay, so we ended up bringing in my dads big boat and put the Big Jons on it. Then we put 5 people in that boat and 4 in the other.

Got pounded by waves and rained on and off all morning, but we still managed 2 Kings and 2 red fin lakers. the other boat had motor problems saturday morning, so they couldn't go too far from the boat launch, but they did manage to catch one coho before they went back.

The afternoon, the wind switched to the west, but still was aroun 15 to 20 mph. We ended up fixing the motor on the other boat and they made a nice comeback in the evening bite, but we ended up landing a 7 pound 2 oz King right at the buzzer to seal the deal.

Overal Results for Saturday

Team Rods & Balls: 4 Fish (2 Coho, i King, 1 Laker)

The Spooners: 8 Fish (3 Kings, 3 Lakers, 1 Coho)

12 Fish boated in one day was definitely a success in my book given that weather conditions were almost unfishable. They were so bad, we only saw three other boats all day on a saturday! Not to mention the boat/motor problems.

On a side note, the big jons are working flawlessly. Thanks again Bromley!

• 3 weeks later...