Planer boards

I just got set up with 4 rods with lead core to run off planer boards (SST) and a 10 color to run down the chute.

The question I have is, what are the best lures to run off the planer boards?

Are Spin Doctors and dodgers for downriggers only, or can they be run off the planer boards as well?

I set the 4 rods up as follows for the boards:

1-10 color

1-6 color ( was supposed to be 7, but I miscounted spooling it on)

1-5 color

1-3 color

Thanks,

Tony

Lots of people run them on leadcore and copper as well. I have never had much luck this way but never gave it much of a shot. Flies on dipsy is my go to rig. Did get all my coho this year on leadcore with dodger flies though. I have not done real well with JPlugs on lead either. But once again never fished them much except on dipsy. Spoons are my go to on the core.If using the fly i would put it on 10 color prob going deeper. Just my .02

BTW- 6 color is my top rig all of last year and so far this year. Throw a moonshine bloody nose on there and you will not be disappointed.;)

As far as your cores i would attach them all to boards and not run the 10 down the chute.

As for lures. You can run Spin Doctors and Flies, Spoons standard and mag, J Plugs. It is pretty much up to what the fish are liking at that time of year. In the spring i either run spoons or sd and flies and sd and flies on wire divers, fall jplugs mostly with a few spoons in the mix and then i keep my sd and flies on wire divers.

another thing you can do if the fish are deeper is to add either a snap weight or a dive bomb.

I'll 2nd canning the core down the shoot, put them all on boards, you'll have less trouble. Put your shortest core on the outside and longest cores on the inside. We run 3 to a side all time. When running spinner's on cores, it's a good idea to add an extra ball bearing swivel in front of your spin doctor. That will prevent line twist from wiping out your core.

I'll 2nd canning the core down the shoot, put them all on boards, you'll have less trouble. Put your shortest core on the outside and longest cores on the inside. We run 3 to a side all time. When running spinner's on cores, it's a good idea to add an extra ball bearing swivel in front of your spin doctor. That will prevent line twist from wiping out your core.

Ya i forgot to mention the extra swivel. theres things you do on the boat out of habit after a while and just do it and foget about it when someone asks.