Playing Hooky

GLF

I remember my father letting me stay home from school to go fishing with him on Lake Michigan back in the 70's. This past Friday I let my oldest stay home from school to go fishing with me.

Young GLF skipping school to spend the day fishing on Lake Michigan with his father.

document20.jpg

Hunter skipping school and fishing with his father on Lake Michigan.

chinook_799561.jpg

I printed this picture off for my son, so he can take it to school with him on Monday. ;)

This is how I picture his Monday in class will be.

Teacher

Hunter.....what did you do on Friday when you were not at school?

Hunter

I went fishing with my father on Lake Michigan and caught this 17lb chinook! :D

:lol: :lol: :lol:

How many of you played hooky from school to go fishing on Lake Michigan?

It wasn't lake MI, but my Dad used to let me skip school and go steelheading on the Au Sable.

Welcome to the site John. If you get a chance go to the welcome forum and introduce yourself. You will like it here.:) I live less than an hr. S. of the AuSable River Mouth.:)

I'm embarrassed to say that I played Hooky way to much to go hunting or fishing. Would spend all day casting for Pike of Walt's Cabins dock on the Kawkawlin. Or take my buds 12 footer down the Kawkawlin, out into the bay to hunt ducks in the pot holes on one (of the then 2 islands) at the mouth of the Saginaw River. Got stranded there on day during a storm and had the State Police looking for me and my bud. The ending to that story is to painful to discuss. I guess I'm trying to say to keep things like playing hooky in the proper perspective for both you and your son. As I lost and squandered away a lot more in my young and early adult life by putting hunting and fishing always first and above many of lifes real obligations. ;)