Slide Divers and Dipsies

Last year I tried Slide Divers for the first time, while running wire dipsies deep set on 1 1/2. I had success, but also some tangles.

Anyone else running both at the same time? If yes, what's the secret to getting them in to the water and set, and not running into each other?

When I used to run Slide Divers I always run them as High Divers set on 3 or 3-1/2. I always set the high divers first. When the high diver takes a fish, I keep plenty of tension on it as I let it back out. If you don't keep the tension on it, it will almost certainly get into the low diver. I keep the high diver rod forward of the low diver.:)

When I let my divers out I don't flip the lever and let them free spool out. Just loosen up the drag so there is tention on the line at all times. This keeps the diver tracking properly and will avoid tangles. Since I have started doing this we have had a lot fewer tangles. When you reach the desired depth just tighten up the drag to the appropiate setting. Hope this helps.

Third that freefalling divers is a no no and no good can come of it. A friend of mine points out that he does it all the time no issues and I remind him I clean and lube my reels every year and he throws them away when they stop working. I suppose I COULD SET THE BRAKES BUT IS JUST EASIER TO NOT LET THEM FREEFALL. Also I would point out many times I have had them fire well setting them as they are working all the way down. As you get more setups in the water you have to think about where they are all at to keep them away from each other. Just because you like pickles and Ice cream does not mean they should be in the same bowl.