Cell Phone Carriers

GLF

I have Nextel for a carrier. When I am fishing out of Muskegon and get a few miles off shore, the signal comes and goes.

What do you have for a cell phone carrier, and how does it work when you are on the lake?

Verizon works everywhere I fish this year. I think it attracts fish as it never seems to fail one of my buddies will call to see how things are going and a rod will go off. My brother had Nextel for years traveled all over the midwest and south as a salesman. Said it works great as long as you follow a major highway but once you take a exit ramp you are on your own.

I was going to buy one in 1999, when I was building this house. At that time none of them worked that well up the Eastern side of the state. I put in a land line as soon as the basement walls were up. If I could find one that worked well up here all the time, I'd ditch the land line. I also use yahoo to make some phone calls on the PC so the land line could go if the cells were dependable enough.:)

I haven't had a land line in 5 yrs. Used to have Nextel, now have Sprint. And yes, they are still different. We also get our internet through Sprint with an aircard. That works great. I'll probably look around next year when my wife's contract expires.