Double Dive Bombs

Here is one for you guys to try. Fishing was tough Sat evening but 2 of our 7 fish were taken on a 10 color lead with 2 4oz Dive Bombs pulling a spoon. I dsecided to try this as I don't run copper or long cores and the fish have been at least 100 deep. I ran out 3 colors and put one 4 oz on then another 3 colors and another Dive Bomb and then the remaining colors along with some of the backing straight out the back of the boat. I didn't try this until a few hours into the trip so it produced as well as anything and better than most. I am going to run two of them tomrorow night on boards. Suprisingly it didn't pull that hard and I am sure the board will not have any problem pulling it. The spoon was a Glo Green Alewife Stingray. Big white flashers with Hypnotist Flies and green glow plugs also took fish.

Thanks for the info Capt Craig. Not much different than adding two split shots to get the bait down. I may just give that a try. I don't have any cores longer than 8 colors.:)

Yep, 9 color is longest on my boat. Even then I have tell the guys it's a half core. Oop's my mistake.:lol:

Yep, 9 color is longest on my boat. Even then I have tell the guys it's a half core. Oop's my mistake.:lol:

I went fishing with caznik a couple of years ago. A full core went, and Rich and I stood there looking at each other, waiting for the other guy with us to get it. Neither one of us wanted to reel it in. ;)

It ended up being a beautiful 14.4lb brown trout shaped like a football, on the end of it. He who laughs last, laughs the loudest. :eek: